Sunday, December 2, 2007

Audio Slideshows...the next big thing? or is it already?

Joe Weiss created the Soundslides program because of a "frustrated picture story." Sometimes the print story does not do justice to the story? Why because soemtimes words fall short of capturing the beauty of a moment. I quite like this idea of audio slideshows...seems simple and engaging. Well, I guess I will really f ind out how simple it is once I start working on my final project but for now from what the article pointed out, Weiss tried to make it as simple as possible. I especially liked his answer when the journalist asked him why he chose journalism. It was the "human to human" connections he could make. That concept was part of the reason why I chose journalism as well. Another thing, which I noticed was that hard news stories do not reall make it to the multimedia element. I thik this is probably because hard news is exactly what it sounds like: hard news. Not much of an engaging situation there. That is the reason why hard news ledes are generally boring and just factual. I also liked his idea of having a photojournalist work together with a reporter to create a story. but personally, I am for the independent media deal...I hope that at the end of my education at IC I will be armed with the appropriate tools to become my own independent media. Off to think about the final project.

No comments: