Sunday, September 9, 2007

Oprah can do anything. And Rep. Rush

I'm sorry, but I really needed to write about this recent turn of events. Oprah raised three million dollars for Sen. Barack Obama. Okay, now let's take time to absorb this. Within one event, she raised three million dollars. WHO DOES THAT?? Only Oprah.
Senator Obama seems to bring with him an extremely intriguing histroy whenever he is in the news. Se. Obama almost seems like the mysterious candidate (irony huh?) in this election. I say this because in comparison to the other candidates, Obama had spent the least amount of time in the national public eye. My case in point is the recent New York Times article that discussed his failed campaign againt Rep. Rush of the Hyde Park district of Illinois. There were three pages discussing this point in Obama's career that many say made him the way he is today. I also think that Obama displays a sense of confidence that will enable him to be independent of other while he makes hs decisions. The article basically talked about this same issue and how Obama was really upto the challenge. That it was different story that he had not succeeded, but that the core was he was an "apt student of his own mistakes. I believe that this article needed to be mentioned in my assesment of this election because for me like I mentioned earlier, Obama signifies hope. And he is EVERYWHERE. Most articles give me the facts of hi campaign, but sometimes I just want to know about his life.

1 comment:

Lisa W. Drew said...

I find all of this fascinating myself, and it certainly qualifies as an election-related story. I think I heard on the radio that 8.5 million people watch Oprah every day. Every day! I haven't fact-checked that. Your link? I sure would have liked to click through to that story.